So last night I'm watching VH1 Classic's 80s music video hour "We are the
80s" - not the one where they have talking heads make bad jokes about 80s
pop culture but the music video show

anyway, I saw a New Order video for "Confusion" that had unbelievably great
footage of the Paradise Garage, NYC back in the early 80s, and Arthur Baker
in it too!
it showed New Order walking down the entrance ramp of the club - Arthur
Baker takes a "new recording" of the tune into the DJ booth (sadly  Larry
Levan wasn't in the video - trying to pin down the DJ). The recording is on
a reel-to-reel and Baker cues it up and starts playing it and then it cuts
to all the dancers on the floor. Lots of fantastic images.

I really want to find this video - any clues as to where or on what tape
video collection is might be?

the version of Confusion didn't sound like the album version either - had a
much more live "recorded for the video" feel

VH1 followed that up with James Brown and Afrika Bambaataa's "Unity" video.
First good things I've seen on tele for a loooooong time.

MEK