On Jan 9, 2004, at 9:24 PM, /0 wrote:

i used to do the "ableton live DJ" thing but it felt more like doing a PA
of ripped off 1-2-4-8 bar loops than a DJ set.

I probably jsut freaked myself out

:)

-Joe

I like the idea that it can kind of break down the boundaries between a DJ set and a live PA. The difference between mixing a prerecorded track and sampling it in another track is really just a matter of degree, innit? :-) For me, a lot of the appeal is to be able to do some interesting things in real time that you just can't really do with turntables. But on the other hand, sometimes you just want to play a track and let it stand on its own for a little while. I guess you can do that with Ableton, too, if you want.
--
Tim Moore