On Jan 12, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Odeluga, Ken wrote:
I suggest trying to remember the good things he's done from our point of
view. I'll start the ball rolling:

'In The Shadow' by Morganistic, on Irdial, I think around 1995.

yeah, and Morganistic "Fluids Amniotic" 2x12 on Input Neuron ... sounded like Rob Hood underwater,, brilliant deep dark expansive techno, cavernous production.

And lots of the Planetary Assault Systems tracks from Peacefrog are great... like "Booster"... wooo! a "peak hour thumper" [ahem]

I agree his recent output has gone south.... and a stunning, high velocity nosedive at that. I respect an artist who wants to evolve their sound, but they have to evolve it in a way that doesn't, ahem, SUCK ?? Actually I thought Freek Funk was a kind of a letdown for the most part. In retrospect the only cut I really care to play anymore from it is "Love" which I think is still pretty cool.

--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com