Sydney never was a techno city, there are truly great DJs but they mostly
get no love from the wider scene up there. No one goes to Sydney for techno.
They even pass over some of the best internationals now. The demise of
Chinese Laundry says it all.
Tell them to go to Melbourne or just enjoy the social experience of Oxford
St and the spectacular bay instead. If they come down to Melbourne this
Friday they can hear Ben Cromack at Honkytonks, and he's the best we got,
and in a couple of weeks (23rd Jan) Soul'sa, who play Detroit techno,
Chicago house and Latin vibes, and Lasergun, an electro night. It's cheap to
fly from Syd to Melb, esp now, and only an hour.