[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I agree - all those Jeff Mills records I and thousands of other people
> own and enjoy in our living rooms - not to mention all of us who use
> his records to make other people dance, plus the fantastic DJ sets
> we've experienced, and his and Robert Hoods practical invention of the
> minimal techno style don't amount to much. We've been duped.
>
> I think Jeff Mills owes us all a personal apology for robbing us all
> these years of "a lot" - whatever that "a lot" may be.

Well isn't that a pompous response?

Jeff Mills hasn't played in Chicago since 1993? despite living here for
years.  You may remember that he reluctantly agreed to play a show in
Detroit in 2000 after not performing there for years, even though he's
from there, and then cancelled it because it didn't sell enough tickets.
The event finally happened years later, but not until after he had acted
like a total prima donna.

I think artists/musicians/whatever have a responsibility to their
community beyond just releasing records-- art is not created inside some
sort of a vacuum.  You may disagree with me, and that's fine, but that's
how I feel and that influences how and where I spend my money.

I think that Jeff Mills has a certain responsibility to help foster the
American electronic music scene being that he is an electronic musician
from the United States.  It's like he took what he needed from
Detroit/Chicago and then just turned his back on them.  It's not like he
invented techno, despite what some of you may think, but rather was
introduced to a fertile art scene and is not acting to maintain that
scene at all but instead is essentially plundering and pilfering
whatever he can from the apparently willing fans.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...