Trust me if you knew what I'd been through, you'd understand.
I have been in this industry for 10 years and I know what I'm talking about.
Why should I be ashamed of saying that some women trade on their gender and
then betray their own?
Why are feminists so loathe to accept that? Let's get real.
When a woman (not an Australian) sets out to sabotage your efforts in some
strange powerplay I think it would be wrong to pretend everything is all
sisterly and wonderful all the time.
I have no intention of moving to London. It's not a stereotype, it was a
very real incident. Yeah, I am very angry over it a year on.
There is one major female promote/agent here who openly says she doesn't
like working with women, it's awful, but at least she's straight up about
it.
There are so many wonderful international women I have worked with in this
scene: Laura Gavoor, bless her, Angela Maison here who has created a scene,
Sara Giampa, a great writer here, and in Detroit I have a lot of time for
Barbara and Tamara Warren and others who are real catalysts in the music
scene.
However, I am not going to pretend women have been not allowed themselves to
fall pray to divide and conquer. Every woman I have spoken to with
considerable experience in the scene knows exactly what I mean.