Richie Hawtin played too along with a ton of big non-techno names. Great party, unfortunately it was mostly a rockish crowd which is probably why the lineup shifted away from techno/house music at later Coachellas. Plus, there were so many folks playing at once that there was never really a consistent atmosphere in the techno tent because people were always coming and going to see something else. But there was a nice relaxed atmosphere and they were joking around a bit with each other behind the decks, which was cool. I recall Juan was busting out the clubbed out house and was really pissed off at this photographer taking his picture which didn't help either. Art of Noise also played at one of the stages, which I imagine is a rare occurrence. They were playing stuff with a horrible drum and bass break that I couldn't stand, not what I remembered from my limited exposure to their records.