On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 03:24:42PM -0500, matt kane's brain wrote:
> At 02:51 PM 2/6/2004, Mark S. Krüx wrote:
> >Neither of us have a clue who he is or what he plays.  Wanna clue us in?
>
> Really boring production with rhymes in his atypical voice and
> style.
>
> I know a bunch of indie kids who like both him and Matthew Dear, so
> I'm not terribly surprised.

Speak for yrself. My three favorite hip-hop albums last year were
Dizzee Rascal's _Boy In Da Corner_, Outkast's _The Love Below_, and
the Viktor Vaughn album, in that order (followed closely by Dead Prez
and the Danger Mouse & Gemini on Def Jux). Rascal's production is
stripped down but effective, and his vocal style is amazing. His
lyrics remind me a little of Tricky.

I think he and Dear would be an interesting combination, especially if
Dear decided to do more of his vocal stuff. When it comes to
micro-house, Dear's nowhere near the equal of, say, Villalobos, but
his vocal stuff has lots of charm.

> I believe his album comes out shortly.

It's been out for ages in the UK, and it came out in the US a couple
weeks ago.

I think this gig sounds like a ton of fun. I wish I could be there.

Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     desperate, deathless