Well if your looking at price yes get the mpc1000. The pads on the 1000 is dope
and you can expand up to 128mb ram also key features are 2 x MIDI In and 2 x
MIDI Out. 32 MIDI channels, Internal preset sounds in flash,
Save/load your sound and sequence data to/from Compact Flash. Those are things
to really go crazy about. But for under 1,200 you should really look into The
Roland Mc-909 its so dope Professional 64-voice workstation with new-generation
XV synthesis, sampling, 16-track sequencer, effects and oversized graphic LCD
16MB sample memory expandable up to 272MB using optional DIMMS, and SmartMedia
storage for sample data.
Hundreds of new high-quality patterns, sounds and rhythm sets; expandable via
SRX-Series wave expansion board.

Studio-quality effects including 24-bit reverb, 2 multi-effects processors,
compression/EQ and mastering effects.

Built-in USB port for sample/Standard MIDI File transfer and User data backup
S/PDIF digital I/O, six analog outputs and stereo analog inputs.

Dual D Beams, Turntable Emulation and velocity-sensitive pads-—plus front-panel
knobs, buttons and sliders to modify sounds and patterns.

New V-LINK function for integrating audio and video in performance.

I have both and they all start with the mc-909 and end with the 909 i hope this
helps.