Of worthy mention on 313 is another white label of edits/? Just says OMAR S (002) DETROIT stamped on it, be on the lookout for this one. 3 tracker plus a little short intro track. Wicked too, where house meets electronics somewhere near the Bankle Building... or maybe Eastern Market. ;) Cut into the runout grooves is a thank you to and Rick Wilhite and & Mike Huckaby.

One is a deep long synthy house track with minimal downbeat, would sound good on top of a number of things that come to mind from a Prescription feel to JS-01 kind of dubbed out washes. The other is a deep long instrumental house track. Finally the winner for me is a stripped down jackin beat with toms. Not as electronic as 'white horse' percussion but just as sparse and punchy, minimal funk. Then this deep male house vocal (is this an acapella from another track?) on top singing "S-S-Set it Out, set out your lovin'. And keep the fires burnin' baby... Keeps me satisfied" (was this a vocal by Midway??) goes over the top of it. Really adds to it and not corny, it's one for a 3am floor who can kind of feel that SmoothJack[TM] sound.. ha! Is that new genre??

Finally, that last 'keep me satisfied' part i know i've heard sampled in an early Prescription track, Noni - (the Gift EP) Teach Me/Keep Me Satisfied.

not like 'Set it Off' by Strafe, this is totally different though maybe in some ways picked up the "S-S-S-Set" part as a motif.

Anyway all spottin aside, worth hunting down if you're yearning for more things to mix with your KDJ, Moxie, Unclassics and Music Box stuff?

peace
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com