Thats the line of the interview:

During a discussion on Kraftwerk's minimalism, I ask Ralf if he listens
to music by digital minimalists like Ryoji Ikeda and Carsten Nicolai.
He thinks for a moment.  ``More, mainly Detroit,"' he says.  ``Maybe
Richie Hawtin is more to my mind...''  The sentence fades away."

To my knowledge this is the only time he mentions an artist or genre so specific.

I can send you scans of this article anyway if you like.

See you soon on tour, first show for me in London 20th of march...

OR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

that's fine - I'm basically looking for names

Greg Earle <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: 313@hyperreal.org DNS.ORG> cc: Subject: Re: (313) Kraftwerk is listening to....? 02/27/04 01:26 PM Please respond to 313

MEK asked:
"I thought I saw an article posted here recently that
mentioned who members of Kraftwerk were listening to"

That'd be me ...

"if someone can send that to me off list I'd appreciate it"

It's in Dazed & Confused Vol. 2 Issue #6, October 2003.
Ralf interviewed by David Toop.  Mentions Richie.

I don't have any OCR software, so you're out of luck in
that dept.  Maybe somewhere you can find back issues?

            - Greg