there is a vast raft of string laden chicago tracks. it's classic chicago
to me, rather than bridging a gap between chicago and detroit.
lot of stuff by da posse
all the virgo stuff by marshall jefferson - particularly the jungle
ron trent altered states
the house rockers everybody do it
ace and the sandman 'let your body talk'
larry heard 'can u feel it'

james
www.jbucknell.com

             "J. T."
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED],
             09/03/04 03:04 PM         313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: (313) Do You Know Who You Are
                                       (was RE: (313) what's your favorite
                                       track/album right now?)

>The synth strings on "Do You Know Who You Are" sound
>classically "Detroit" to me, with that brittle emotion and
>the combination of warmth and coldness that is characteristic
>of the feel of early 313 techno. What other old Chicago tracks
>can people think of that bridge the Detroit/Chicago gap as
>effectively as this Virgo track does?

well there's tons of old ones i guess, with virgo and k-alexi being
consistently that style, and of course mr fingers.

sendex has recently been making tracks that hark back to this sound too,
reallly nice. he posted one on the c-b-s forum
http://www.smeyer.cistron.nl/~smeyer/music/sendex_temp01.mp3 ..wait what
year is it? he'll be on a usa tour in early april, in detroit saturday the
10th

jt

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer)

ForwardSourceID:NT000082D6