>yeah you see when you say R Kelly it makes me really crawl and that kinda
crap crates me >up the wrong way but like techno I shouldn't listen to a
track and hate it and then say  >naa I hate techno cos I don't so I try to
listen to it and not sum it up as it being R&B, >sorry Andrew SOUL.. :)

Haha, thanks Ian! I guess I should clarify - what was referred to as
'pleading music', basically the soul version of cheesy stuff like Paul Van
Dyk etc., is what I label in my head as 'R & B'. And then tracks like 'You
Don't Know My Name', D'Angelo, Jill Scott, Badu, Kindred, Tweet, Balil,
Raphael Saadiq, and the 'Organic' crew I call SOUL! I don't like to lump in
all these artists together just because they're recording in the same era,
for me they are getting at something completely different.

So there. :)