Ahh that's sweeeet news to my ears - the faster they dump the Pioneers the
better imo.
i just played on the newest $1000+ Pioneer DJM600s and it felt like a
fricken toy.
The interface is too busy
the efx unit is a cluttered hassle (too bad that this is the thing that is
supposed to separate this mixer from all others) and visually I can't tell
if it's on or off
the headphone split cue - didn't work the way it does on a Vestax - which
is quite simple - it splits the cue cold at a press of the button
the faders - I think - are far too loose
the EQ pots are too thick and short for these fingers (and they feel like
cheap plastic parts)
the volume faders seem to be either off or on - bring the fader half-way up
and there is a moment in there where you go from hearing nothing to being
in the mix
no kill switches/faders

compared to the layout of my Vestax this mixer is a mess - plus the $300 I
save on the mixer allowed me to buy a Pioneer EFX-500 which is a thousand
times better than the built in efx unit on the DJM600.

the sound on the Vestax is said to be better too.

end my rant

MEK

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      nder.co.uk>                To:       "Blackman, Ryan
\(UKEKT\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                                  "matt kane's brain" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, "Blackman, Ryan \(UKEKT\)"
                      03/10/04 11:13 AM           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "jurren
baars"
                                                  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<313@hyperreal.org>
                                                 cc:

                                                 Subject:  RE: (313) need a new
mixer. advice please!

ah ok , I new it would be a bit bad as the price for all those effects is
low
but didn't realise sound was bad.....thnaks for that man, I will try it out
though as I hear
the clubs are now all dumping the pioneers in favour as the pre-amps have
blown so many monitors..