on the phat kat front - check Phat Kat aka Ronnie Cash - Dedication To The Suckers on House Shoes - another Jay Dee prod, heavy! Also has a handy Detroit Road Map on the cover...

Other synthy hip hop:

Def Harmonic on Altered Vibes, some very technoey synth moments on their stuff - deeply pleasing, the track 'Doing The Best I Can' is great, though some of their other tracks are marred by weak MCing in places. Altered Vibes is part of the Goya stable as far as I know, but these people sound American, anyone know where they're from?

Blockhead also deserve an honourable mention in this category. Anyone else heard the new Pete Rock import on Up Above? - b-side is lurvely.

P.S. Before anyone asks, Pete Rock is Richie Hawtin's evil twin, Blockhead is the secret UK downtempo project of Eddie Fowlkes and Def Harmonic use old transmat CDs as beer coasters, so ner!