[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> why does it make a difference you frigin' knob?

It makes a difference because we're talking about the possibility of
new people getting into techno, and one wonders whether this is a fad
or a long-term trend. If 500 people went to see Surgeon last time he
was in town, and 10000 go next time, one wants to know whether this
will last (the way rock and roll suddenly got popular and STAYED THAT
WAY) or whether attendance will be back down to 500 or worse next
year.

So I think it does matter what percentage of new folks at a techno gig
are likely to develop an abiding interest in techno. I'm not willing
to commit to demographic distinctions or hairstyle criticism or
whatever, but I do think the difference between fad and trend is real,
and relevant.

Matt

--
Matt Hellige                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]