Scion were breathtaking. Despite a less-than-perfect sound
rig which didn't emphasise the extreme bottom- and top-end as
much as I'd have liked, they sounded amazing. They were like
electronic chefs creating a Basic Channel soup using such
tasty ingredients as Infinition, Phylyps Track, Octagon,
Quadrant Dub, etc etc - everything thrown into the mix and
seemingly built up from scratch rather than just a straight
copy of the Arrange & Process CD.

They were using an outboard mixer and effects units as well
as the laptop running Ableton, and so the soundscape they
produced was extremely rich; it was sounding a bit deeper than
it might have been had Ableton been the only tool used.
The set was continually flowing and pulsing in that BC sort of
style, without ever going either too ambient or too hard -
really good arrangement IMHO, and the hour they were on for
seemed to fly past really quickly. We need to have more Scion
live performances!

It was really good to meet Greg and a few other 313ers I hadn't
met before, so hi to everyone I ended up blabbering on at
overexcitedly... it's been a great few weeks for events in the UK
what with T-Funkshun playing host to Kenny Larkin a few weeks
back, Kraftwerk's series of gigs and Scion this last weekend. I
hope the rest of this year ends up being as good as as the first
three months have been!

Brendan