From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 1:47 PM
To: Dennis DeSantis
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Kent williams; 313 list
Subject: Re: (313) Detroit schools to cut 3,200 jobs

The same day that they announced the cutting of the jobs, they also
announced in the free press (www.freep.com) the allotment of 35 million
dollars to cleanup the city (road projects) for the 2005 all star game,
and the 2006 superbowl.  I think the main thinking behind this, is that it
can help more money come into the city through alternate means, and
hopefully get some of those teaching jobs back.  Not sure what I think
personally...

dns