I don't think this is technically correct. My understanding is that if you
sample a work without authorization, the copyright holder can seize any
profits from the sale of your infringing work, and destroy any remaining
unsold stock.

On records that are limited editions of 500, given the cost of cutting,
plating, and pressing, your maximum profit would only be 500 to 1000 dollars.
The RIAA's lawyers don't get out of bed and their their morning piss for
$1000, so I sincerely doubt anyone's going to sue Theo any time soon.