Hey David

>Hi Ken,
>I know what you are saying.  On the other hand, isn't the value of ALL
>intellectual property somewhat arbitrary and based on artificial
>scarcity (but definitely NOT the quality of information)?

I can agree and disagree with this David. The internet changes things
obviously - including in music, ha!
That is, it's served to lower the monetary value of intellectual property,
including music hasn't it? Which does I admittedly bring us back to another
of your points: one of the reason why some providers try to use the
particular medium of vinyl to make what seem to us to be inflated profits
for one particular item. Because the internet has deflated most of the
market for what they produce to a level at ehich somewhat desperate measures
seem to be neeeded. (From their point of view.).

In an age