I'm surprised that no one has posted their impression from the gig that took place last friday here in San Francisco (did any list members go?). Carl was in top form, representin' Detroit in full effect, playing some of his own classics and reworks of others' work. He played the newest UR track "Windchime"in two different versions, the more bare bones/minimal one from the 7" as well as the more orchestrated one from UR-054, talk about 21st century high tech soul/jazz!!! alongside his own remix in Inner City's "Goodlife", an unfamiliar to these ears remake based on not much more than the bassline from "The Climax", and a version of "Throw". He also played a Moloko-sounding vocal track that intensified the raw Detroit-primal vibe already in place (for lack of a better term). I could hear a Los Hermanos-sounding track for a bit, ( I'm not sure which one); and lotsa synthy/minimal/detroity sounding techno. Definitely jacking music, to be sure.

Any other feedback on the most recent UR output?

wk