I can't understand why you are talking about pop songs? I don't know if you
heard this new track by Kenny but I only can say that I don't see the pop
appeal in this tune.....
Like you said, it's not the next new style he is inventing here but I also
don't think that this was his goal. If you mean pop song as a track with a
message and a certain feel than this new track from Kenny is pop, okay! If you
mean an airplay compatible tune then you're wrong, sorry! it's a "retro" (I
hate that word!) housey piano track with a smooth feel and nice melodies. Not
more but also not less! I still think the most important thing in music is if
you get an impression, a feel, an athmosphere when you listen to tracks. Having
a mesage is much more important that having invented a new style without what
we call soul.
I don't need the newest super-duper mega software generated synthesizer sound
if it doesn't catch my ear and most important my mind and soul....

Greetz, Arne

--
www.arneweinberg.de