From: "J. T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>haha no my math sucks, you're right. but still, are mp3's that
sellable?
>more than vinyl? if you sell 1000 records there is considerably
more
>profit...oh well, whatever.

i dont know, just judging by how many people use slsk and other
p2ps, if only a small tiny fraction of those people bought the mp3
it would be way more than 1000 DLs. if final scratch and CDJs
become popular, many many people in far away places can DL your
tunes without any problem. and you wouldnt have to worry about
irritating distros. how many people here have distros in india or
africa picking up their tunes? id bet not many if any at all. but
those people could easily DL your tunes from a site for a small
fee and play them out. i talked to some african cats recently who
were telling me that they dont even use vinyl at all there, theyve
been using CDs for as long as he could remember. this could really
break open a true world market for a pretty universal style of
music.

tom

andythepooh.com