wicked!! sounds like you had a ball man and to me .thats what Berlin is all
about :)

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 09/06/2004 13:56
        To: 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: RE: (313) new bits / Tresor

        >I have to say Alex this was my best gig ever becuase it was an ultimate
        dream come true and I loved
        >the feel of the dark vault and its sweaty walls, its such a contrast to
        upstairs and if Tresor ever goes it will be
        >a tragedy thats for sure.

        I'll bet Ian!

        yeah, that's some dark ass action they got going on down there. It's
like
        some sort of torture vault or something.

        I have to say I liked upstairs though as well. Infact, I was in the pub
        last night and all my mates were pretty surprised that I thought it was
so
        good... maybe it was because I was away and it all seemed different. I
        dunno, by the time I'd got to Tresor I'd been on a 24 hour non stop
        drinking bender. So my opinions are probs skewed.

        anyway I wrote a massive long post, I put a bit about tresor in so I
c&p'd
        so you can see my opinions on it.

        "5am came and the club shut. The rest of our boys had headed to bed,
but I
        wasn't really up for going home, so Mike and I thought we'd head over to
        Tresor to see if it was still open. Arrived there 5.30 ish, walked in
and
        it was JUMPING!! Pretty gob-smacked really, wasn't expecting much at
all,
        but it was hot. Grabbed some beers, found ourselves a little corner and
        spent an hour or so dancing away, watching the ladies go by. So, we
were in
        this room on the ground floor, and thought this was it - I was surprised
        that the music wasn't really banging, I heard Metro Area 5 again in
here,
        some other stuff that I'm guessing was sort of Kompakt style things and
        some kinda modern poppy italo electronic stuff which I didn't have a
clue
        what it was. The dj couldn't really beat match that well, but was
working
        his records and pretty much had the crowd eating out of his hand.
Everybody
        was going pretty wild...

        It took at least an hour for us to realise that there was infact more
rooms
        to it! The "Globus" room is quite thin, but very long with bars at both
        ends, the dj box in the middle, raised up. High ceilings didn't really
        affect the sound at all and there was all the usual kinda 'club'
        decorations in there... At one end of the room was a little door
leading to
        a tiny back room that was also a bar. There was a great dj on in here,
        again playing a bit of everything, and a garden out back which I sat in
for
        a while and listened to the chit the guy was playing. Nice selections.

        You had to go through this room to get to the famous Tresor vault. Down
the
        stairs, past the merchandise stall and past another bar, there were some
        metal gates leading to the vault....

        Flippin 'eck! It was madness! Just a dark dark room (I couldnt see my
hand
        infront of my face), a strobe, a low ceiling and it was packed with
loads
        of mad german techno heads getting lost in the heavy heavy 'main room at
        Lost' kinda vibe. We spent a while down here. It was heavy s**t. Dark
dark
        music, drum loops all the way, no melody, just driving hard music. I
guess
        it could have been alot harder - UK heads, a Bicknell set in the main
room
        at Lost was exactly what it was like.... They were using Ableton Live
too
        when I popped over to have a look. I couldn't tell before I looked
though
        which I guess was a good thing.

        so, anyway, we left tresor about 9.30 am and wondered the streets of
        Berlin, gazing at all the cool buildings in the basking sunshine. No
map,
        didn't know where we were going but somehow ended up back on the street
        out hostel. Stopped at the Petrol Station to find it sold beer! Happy
Days!
        We stocked up, nipped back and changed our sweaty clothes and headed to
the
        park to drink beer and smoke joints in the glorious sunshine."

        behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

        telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
        give your consent to such monitoring