A bit of a semantic sidepoint here, but to expect something
is going to happen isn't the same as accepting that the coming
event is reasonable or justifiable.

For example, I might wander around the streets of Brixton with
an iPod held in my right hand, talking distractedly into a posh
mobile phone held in my left. In that sort of situation, I might
(well, I *would*) expect to get mugged. But that doesn't mean
that I think the mugging is a reasonable or justifiable act.

If there was an analogy here, it would probably be this: a
university lecturer asks her politics class to hold a discussion
around the question "what caused September 11th?"; half
the class storm out enraged, claiming that she's an Al-Qaeda
supporter who should be locked up...

Brendan