I've been trying to figure out what has caused this resurgence in 313,
and the flood of re-releases of all the classic tracks from the late
eighties and early nineties.

Surely the older members of this list, and those of you who have been
into the sound from the pre-95 days have noticed by now that the
favorites of old have been released back into the wild, to be picked up
by a new generation of dj's and music lovers (and perhaps those of us
without the dollars to purchase the classics back in the day).

Is it the fact that those of us who were spinning and dancing to this
stuff as teenagers are now in our prime earning years (late 20's, early
to mid 30's)? Perhaps now we can afford to buy all the records we liked
as teenagers/college students and the labels can afford to print and
sell us $16 copies of the same records that were released in 1990 for
$4? Have the artists and label owners picked up on this or is there some
other force at work here? Is this cashing in on an previously
underappreciated sound or some strange coincidence that all these
classics of old are appearing at my musical doorstep?

What do you think?

- Sasha