What's with their sudden popularity again?
Is it a result of Richie Hawtin throwing them into his "Decks, efx&909"
mix?

They were riding the coat-tails of D.A.F. as far as I'm concerned.
They're lyrics were sh!t, their beats were rudimentary, and their debut
album (and those that followed) regurgitates the same elementary themes
over and over.

There were at least a handful of artists that were better:
Meat Beat Manifesto (used Nitzer Ebb as toilet paper)
Front 242
Front Line Assembly
Foetus
Depeche Mode
SPK
Test Dept.
Throbbing Gristle
Cabaret Voltaire
23 Skidoo
A Certain Ratio

and on and on.....

each of these bands could do what Nitzer Ebb was trying to do but they all
did it better
and any one of them make Nitzer Ebb look like a teenage boy band.

If I hear that line "Lies lies etc guns guns etc fire fire etc." anymore
I'm going to lose it.
It's a crap tune - it was a crap tune in 1987 - it's a crap tune now.

So - can anyone explain why the popularity of Nitzer Ebb and why do they
end up in so many techno sets nowadays?

MEK