I may be a touch late on this reply, but...

I've been an Ebb fan for years and years.  TBH I noticed a slight
popularity from Decks and Effects, but most of the people that didn't know
them before that album, didn't care one way or the other when they heard
it.
Industrial is making a sudden resurgence of late, as are other forms of
electronic music that rooted some people into "techno" or other various
forms of electronic music.  It has more to do with the argument based on
the "future" of electronic music, then it does with Richie's mix.

As for your critique of Nitzer Ebb, I'm going to have to respectfully
disagree with everything you've stated.  In 1987, "That Total Age" was
WAYYY before its time, and includes the anticipation of the fall of
Communist power in eastern europe, as well as very liberal views on
society and change.  That album stands out as my favorite by Ebb, but the
song "Warsaw Ghetto" is absolutely my favorite tune, and captures the mood
of the concentration camps/german work camps, and is a good reminder of
the terrible things that happened barely 50 years ago.

my $.02
dense