I too thought Mills' set was amazing.

I loved the way he used the old footage of Donna Summer, Chic & Sugarhill
Gang - it was like they were performing live with him.
He played 'We are the Robots' as well - that was a definite highlight. I
don't hear enough Kraftwerk in clubs!

Mills was in the local record shop as well, signing new 7' records &
handing them out. Surprisingly, it wasn't even that busy in the shop.

G.

                      "Williams,
                      Graham"                  To:       313@hyperreal.org
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
                      m>                       Fax to:
                                               Subject:  (313)  Sonar 2004: It
Rocked!!!!!
                      23/06/2004 23:20

Good Bits
Francois K Sonar Day Friday

This was great; a great introduction to Sonar by day, Francois K banged it
out, on such a hot day as well. Hey played records for a while then
Mutabaruka ranted on for a while, kind of lost interest in this bit, but he
finished and Francois K changed the music, he played Star Dancer and the
place went mad! He also played Strings of Life and naturally the place went
mad again.
Richie Hawtin V's Ricardo Villalobos Sonar Nite

Having never seen Hawtin play anywhere, and after hearing people rant on
about Villalobos, I decided to check this out. Naturally our group was late
in arriving at Sonar by nite, we arrived in about 1:45am, so missed the
start, wandered over to the room they where on. A massive room, It was
great, totally blown away by there set. I would definitely go see them
again.
Matthew Dear Sonar Nite Friday

I can't really remember much about Matthew Dear, but I do remember really
enjoying it and having a great time, although there seemed to be some small
technical difficulties with the sound, but it didn't really matter.....
Agoria

Agoria banged it out, but not the usual boring hard techno, again can't
remember the tunes he played but the place was going mad, I just remember
having a good time.

Jeff Mills Sonar Nite Saturday

Jeff Mills was amazing, I've seen Mills play in Dublin and London, but this
was my favourite of them all, I half expected not to be impressed with
Mills, but he was brilliant, he played a few classics like The Bells etc.
Halfway through his set the "Sonar Model" (one of the faces of Sonar 2004)
came on stage with a camera to take pictures of the crowd (although
probably
no film in the camera), the place was jammed at this stage so many more
people there than Friday nite. Mills kept playing although he didn't seem
distracted by her, but he certainly had a quick look at her... He was also
playing the 909 and brought one to the front of the stage and got on his
knees and played it in front of everyone. It looked great and sounded
great.
Totally impressed by him! They also had 3 cameras looking at the decks on
the main stage so you could see from the back of the room...
Miss Kitten Sonar Nite Saturday

She played twice over the weekend, on Thursday and then again on Saturday
nite to fill in for Carl Cox (definitely a bonus). Miss Kitten was great,
can't remember the tunes she played with the exception of Stock Exchange at
the end of her set. She rocked the place and was dancing around the decks
and appeared to be having a great time!
David Carretta Sonar  Nite Saturday

Only saw a small bit of Carretta, again he was rocking the outdoor part of
the Sonar by nite.
DJ Hell Sonar Nite Saturday

Only saw a small bit of Hell, again he was rocking the outdoor part of the
Sonar by nite.
SonarLab (I think it was the Lab...) Sonar Day Saturday

On Saturday afternoon, it was pretty relaxed in the Sonar Village, But at
around 5 or 6 in the afternoon the skies where getting dark and you could
hear the reliable sound of the 4, 4 coming from the SonarLab tent ( I think
it was the SonarLab tent......), about 15 minutes before it started to
rain,
people started crowding into the tent, the kick drum was like a magnet the
place was going mad, it was like 3:00am in the morning, it was jammed, then
it started to rain, which made it even busier, definitely one of the
highlights of Saturday afternoon was seeing the tent fill so fast and
seeing
everyone just going for it...
I can't remember the exact time, somewhere between 4:30 - 6:00 but it was
either DJ Nudge & DJ Paul Naza............ (I could be wrong here.....)

Bad Bits
Dave Clarke Sonar Nite Saturday

Boring Boring Boring! He was $hit! I don't think e even smiled! Why was he
the last DJ on Saturday nite?????
Massive Attack Sonar Nite Saturday

Boring Boring Boring enough said....
I'm sure I missed loads of other great music, but this is what I
Overall Sonar 2004 Rocked!!!!!!!