re

::> funny -- i just bought a pair of studio monitors this
::> afternoon.  take a look at the KRK V6.  i'm just getting started
::> in production and this is the first pair of monitors i've owned,

funny indeed - :) - yet essential purchase for a producer imho.. the
rest of the gear may vary but having good monitors is a must

::> but I did quite a bit of research and listening before settling on
::> these.  I can tell you already that they are very good at
::> reproducing subtleties without coloration.  the others I have

myea, i have been told that some monitors does flatten the sound and
everything sounds good..

::> The two main qualities with monitors are your ears, and the
::> space you put them.  As with any other speakers, what sounds great
::> to me might sound terrible to you, and vice versa.  I would

thats true, the ears can judge! although i think anyone of us can
admit good sound, or at least "interesting sound" since sometimes its
intentionally left rough or, uh i also like these overdriven acid
tracks with distorted noise serving as hihatline=)

::> definitely make sure that you can return them if they do not sound
::> right once you get them home.  also, Sound on Sound has some

well, thats what i wont be able to do i guess since most likely i'll buy them
1000km from home

::> highly objective monitor reviews -- www.soundonsound.com

thanks for the advice!

>> [except old soviet analogue synths without midi support, that is].
::> whoa, that sounds interesting! :)

wanna have a trade?=)

ah, and afterall i'm getting this dbx266xl today for sure, cant wait to start
playing
with it!

/z99