On 16 Jul 2004, at 15:07, kj at technotourist dot org wrote:

On 16-jul-04, at 16:00, robin wrote:

i think its a great idea. wouldn't need to save any of this then and could look through it later on...

it would be even better if it was usrname/password protected. but for me that's not even a necessity if the @.blah.blah bits are stripped out.

That would turn this 10 year old mailinglist into a online forum.

Not really - just an archive...

Archive for a rainy day

There is already an archive: http://music.hyperreal.org/lists/313/archive.html

Yeah, try D/Ling and reading in order...

Great for new users

They can read http://music.hyperreal.org/lists/313/

Much easier to point them a thread that list what they want...

Great for pointing people at questions we've all answered a million time before

We have http://music.hyperreal.org/lists/313/faq.html and of course Techno Rebels :)

Out of date....

Can be viewed why on the road with having to have a mail account (cybercafe's and such)

People on this list all have a e-mail account, i bet that 90% of them also has a web based account, for those remaining 10% well if they want they can get a webmail account to....

Again from the perspective of one, let people decide if they like it - I'll do the work but you or I can't speak for everyone :)

Time to look beyond "your" own needs and see the value in what people say here I feel.

Hmpf! my point this is a mailinglist, it has a homepage, if you think if you can upgrade that one do it over there. I am sure Hyperreal.org and the list moderators would be helpful to you.

Time to move forward - I'd like to read the list in my hotel room when I'm travel'in - can do that now, I'd love to D/l all the mails on my PDA, reply and U/L when I'm on a train...

Technology - lets use it...

Martin