From: "Klaas-Jan Jongsma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Brendan Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: (313) 313 Tenth Anniversary Party

> I think that London is not the place for a 10 years of [313] party. This
list is about Detroit techno, so a 10 years of [313] should be held in
Detroit and not in London, Amsterdam, Berlin whatever city. We had 5 years
of [313] at Science in Detroit. I recon it shouldn't be to hard to throw a
party in Detroit about this?

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Back in September 1994, when there wasn't much to the internet apart from
Usenet and email, the mailing lists run from hyperreal.org were pretty much
the only way to gather information about the world of electronic music. And
when 313 was launched in that month, it became the only internet resource
dedicated to discussing Detroit techno, the music it was influenced by, and
the music it went on to influence.

> >Ten years on, and everything has changed. There are now a tonne of
forums, mailing lists, newsgroups, blogs and websites covering "our" music;
but, although it's had its detractors over the years, the 313 list has
managed to survive, bringing together hundreds of like-minded individuals
across the world.

> >The first ever post to 313 - from Morgan Geist, in fact - was on 30th
September 1994, and so we're holding a party to celebrate on Saturday 18th
September 2004. The party will be held at Public Life, in London's
Spitalfields district - a venue that many of you will already be familiar
with!

> >DJs on the night have yet to be confirmed, so if you're up for doing a
set send me an email. And if you have any ideas which might help us make the
night a bit special, then let me know.