well, if you're hubby is the folk-music lovin' type then I could suggest
some middle ground (depending on how purist he may be)

check out Jauna Molina, anything on the Melodic label, Morr Music, Beth
Orton

there's a whole genre that's been badly tagged with the name folktronica

also see The Detroit Experiment (jazz electronic by Carl Craig), Broadcast,
Blockhead, the Books, Mum (Icelandic band), Four Tet, Isan

also see stuff that's at the Big Chill music festival - usually Movement
also has some nice crossover acts as well

MEK

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      a.edu                    To:       313@hyperreal.org

                                               cc:

                      08/05/2004 07:30         Subject:  (313) Thanks!

                      PM

Thank you to all who have shared their suggestions to help me fill my
musical
gaps. I've already checked a couple of things out and they're right on the
money. And I don't care how much my folk-music lovin' hubby complains--our
house will be thumpin' with Detroit once again!

I knew this list would come through :D
Lauren

  • (313) Thanks! lauren-olson
    • Re: (313) Thanks! Michael . Elliot-Knight