From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Aug 6, 2004 3:18 PM
To: David Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: 313 <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: (313) heart wrenching house

>I guess I love instrumental music because it frees me to have different
kinds of thoughts, unusual, impersonal, >cosmic thoughts - I can dream
about being a subatomic particle or a cat or a moonbeam...

you've been listening to that Paul Van Dyk again haven't you ;)

>Whereas the majority of lyrics seem to fall into really cliched ideas
about humans and stereotypical socialized >interactions.  I feel more
liberated having my own thoughts than hearing someone's cheap love song.

I totally agree - it's what you describe below that I'm looking for

>Just don't like the typical subjects of emotional type songs unless they
are very unusual and written in a poetic >or off-center way, and that
includes vocal house.

I'd add that I really appreciate stunning vocal harmonies like those of
Round One "I'm Your Brother", South Street Players "Who Keeps Changing Your
Mind", Utterance "Grant Me Utterance", etc.

MEK