My take on Star Wars is that it's 1930s sci-fi visually
rendered with an immense 21st-century budget. Immature,
swashbuckling, aimed-at-kids romp - yep, that's all true.
But that's pretty much the form.

It's undeniable that it influenced practically a whole
generation, and caused loads of kids to develop a
fascination with outer space, aliens, snazzy futuristic
technology and kick-ass sound design which IMHO helped
to provide a cultural environment in which techno music,
when it came along a decade later, was able to capture
the imaginations of so many people who, as children, had
been awe-struck by Star Wars and never got over that
sense of fascination with the future and with imaginary
worlds.

Brendan