I'm generally agreed with everyone on the Blade Runner,
Metropolis and 2001 mentions. Solaris, though, has always
struck me as being a bit of an "ambient" film, or more
accurately a "Basic Channel" film; when I watch it, I
can't help thinking how it would work with a dubbed
soundtrack by Vainqueur or Maurizio...

Here are another two which I've not noticed anyone mention
so far (although I may have just missed them) - Robocop
(it's set in Detroit!) and Brother From Another Planet
(Claude Young used the title as a pseudonym!). So both
fairly techno films, and with heavily on-topic aspects
to them as well.

Maybe Robocop is more of a "rave" film though?

Brendan