VideoDrome (Come on that movie is totally techno!)

that was going to go on my list - the quote "Long Live the New Flesh" was
even lifted and used quite effectively by Jim Thirwell/Scraping Feotus off
the Wheel (my industrial hero)

MEK

                      "Stewart Caig"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <313@hyperreal.org>
                      soul.co.uk>              cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: (313) Techno Films
                      08/16/04 06:17 AM

Thouigh I mentioned them earlier I am surprised nobody has picked up on the
Cronenberg links with techno. Seeing as, for me at least, one of the key
ideaologies within techno is the fusion of  the organic and the synthetic,
the warm soul of man and the cold soul of the machine. Much of Cronenberg's
works explore themes of similar fusions, contrasts and blurring the line
between the organic and synthetic . Check, for example, Naked Lunch,
VideoDrome (Come on that movie is totally techno!) and eXistenZ.