Has no-one mentioned Flash Gordon?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 5:37 PM
To: Cyclone Wehner
Cc: 313 Detroit
Subject: Re: (313) Techno Films

Freddie Got Fingered is the most techno movie of all time.

Right Fred?

"Listen to my Hooooves!"

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Cyclone Wehner wrote:

> I have been thinking about 'techno' films  - ie films that the techno
> community have adopted as part of their subculture - as lately I've been
> catching up on DVDs when I am too tired to do anything else constructive. ;)
>
> I guess hip-hop types have Star Wars but techno people I find are into
> Metropolis, Bladerunner and The Matrix - classic sci fi.
>
> Personally I didn't quite get into The Matrix. It's very strong visually -
> and very clever - but I found it very cold and devoid of any humanity and
> the third instalment was infuriating with its inconsistencies and poor
> script. However, it is fun observing spots in the first as though they took
> out obvious Sydney features, it's clearly Sydney and I know that Dymocks
> store spot well. ;)
>
> I much preferred Dark City, also shot in Sydney, with the underrated Rufus
> Sewell - who was so amazing as Stuart era super mack Charles II recently.
> Funny it came out before The Matrix...
>
> Some others might be (or these are some of my faves):
> Gattica (slept-on, what more can I say)
> Artificial Intelligence (very simple yet profound, loved the multiple
> endings)
> Minority Report (interesting, I almost warmed to Tom Cruise in this role)
>
> Anyway I am wondering if any of you esteemed people would like to suggest
> your favourite techno film/s.

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.