> so question 1:

i think it's impossible to find something that sounds new once you've been
listening to music for a while. i garauntee that very musical revelation
that you had when you were younger had some old folks bemoaning "there's
nothing new"

> Do you think striving to sound completely new to someones ears is a good
> thing, do you think we try to hard for this?
>
> I think there's alot of stuff around that sounds completely different,
> electronic and like nothing else I ever heard. Take for example some of the
> electronic music around. Some of it sounds crazy and new, does this make it
> techno? It's made by kids banging on pots and pans with a laptop, the kind
> of kids who don't get out too often by the sounds of it - I think it's
> rubbish, and isn't even music to my ears. Or, as Martin Dust posted
> yesterday, how about Dizzee Rascal? He sounds fresh and different, but then
> I wouldn't consider him that techno either, as you can hear the influences
> too heavy in his music.

Now you're playing word games. What is and what is not techno, as well as
offering subjective qualifiers (to the detriment of...)

which is cool for stimulating conversation- although it's a well worn
conversation on for this list.

But if you're seriously looking for answers, you need to rephrase your
question.