On Aug 17, 2004, at 12:57 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Martin Dust wrote:

Which Techno Track do you think has the best noise on ever?. You
know the one that makes you rewind again and again.

Opening, highly reverbed static on "Second Bad Vilbel".

That, and that bleep/bass tone right before the fade on "Acid Eiffel"
(about 13 minutes in).

Ooh, good ones Ian.

I'm a big fan of sawtooth waveforms in Techno, so my vote would go to
the grand sweeping opening of ... erm ... uh ... oh crap, it's the
opening track of that Paula Temple Live At Supercollider mix that was
up on Little Detroit ... er, ah ... oh dear.  <*red faced*>  I'll get
bottled for brain farting on this one, surely  :-(

Help me Alex Bond Kenobi, you're my only hope.

(For non-openings, I suppose it's not a "noise" but the keyboard
 motif that kicks in at 2:30 of Rhythim Is Rhythim's "The Beginning"
 still puts the hairs on my neck on end, every time.  A "beautiful
 keyboard motifs in 313 tracks" thread anyone?)

        - Greg

P.S. Artist Unknown's "Anthem" - best Human League homage ever? Discuss.