I think that one of the things that made the track appeal to me was how
obviously different in sound it was to what people generally expect from
modern techno releases - I thought it was quite daring. I see what you mean
about it not sounding right, but to me, the idea of a "right" sort of sound
isn't really how I tend to connect with electronic music. Sometimes a
"different" sort of sound will get me pretty excited, as it did with this
track.

But I realise that I'm definitely in the minority on this one!

Brendan