another one to look into, though i dont think they make it anymore, is the
vestax pmc-50. (not the 55. the 55 has different eq's on it)

this always has and probably always will be my fave mixer. its got plenty
of inputs and the eq's they used on it are exactly what i like. they dont
bend when it gets down to it. theres nothing more i hate than when eq's
drop DRASTICALLY when you pull them back around the 8:30 mark on the
dials. not to mention, theres no kind of enhancements going on with the
sound. i really like this about it. when you run music thru a rane, or
even an allen & heath and ESPECIALLY pioneers, you can usually tell which
mixer is being used (aside from them using the gadgets built in, of
course... that would be TOO MUCH of a dead give away), because they all
seem to give things a particular "sound". with the pmc-50, the music comes
out dry. and since theres a ton of ins and outs to it, you can add
whatever type of fx units or anything else  you want to use to make it
sound how you want it to.

the mixer is also incredibly easy to get fixed or replace the faders on
it.

they used to run about $1300 USD, but you can find them for around $500 or
$600 on ebay and other outlets.

worth every penny, in my opinion.

if you dont take my advice on it, thats cool.... at least look into the
allen & heaths x:one series. those would be my second reccomendation, but
i dont like them first and foremost because of the way you have to push
them to sound how i like mixers to sound. ie: the mixer is made to be
redlined... im not into that aspect of it but other then that, they are
great mixers.

good luck,

derek.