New Kenny Larkin album! For your interest... the official press release!

DARK COMEDY-MUSIC SAVES MY SOUL

SELF-OBSESSION, it's the 21st century epidemic. M-m-my generation has become
the me-me-me generation and reality has become a TV show which turns our
next door neighbours into stars that flicker and die in the blink of an eye.
It's Warhol's fifteen minutes reductio ad absurdum, Alice navel-gazing
through the looking glass. And while our cathode ray icons relentlessly
chant "mirror, mirror on the wall ..." the myth of Narcissus -  condemned to
waste away adoring his own image -  seems entirely apposite.

Earlier this year was perfect timing then for Detroit techno legend Kenny
Larkin to deliver his long-awaited new album. After all, it's was roughly
seven years since his last release. The Narcissist - 11 carefully considered
electronic gems guaranteed to provide an antidote to the superficial whirl.
>From the swooning synthetics of Fake French to the seductive, undulating
groove of In The Meantime, it reflects both where he's been and where he's
coming from now.

Larkin returns with his second release for 2004, under his alter self, Dark
Comedy with, quite arguably, his most impressive, and important release to
date.

Titled, Funk Faker: Music Saves My Soul, Larkin wastes no time in
establishing himself as one of Detroit's most intriguing and multi-faceted
talents. Exploring the full range of his musical persona, Larkin pushes
himself to tap into a soulful side of him that although present in his
earlier releases, finds itself deeply entrenched in, and modeled after
African American music from years' past. He unapologetically leaves no
ambiguity about his intentions. Which, is to remind others how and why soul
music, in it's many shapes, sizes, and guises, undeniably taps the most
primal emotional and moral attributes that makes a human, a human being.

This is electronic black music in it's rawest, purest form. Stripped of
slick, modern day production techniques, polished vocals, and mechanically
quantized melodies, Larkin instead focuses on funky, laid back organ solo's,
James Brown-esque horn stabs,  bluesy guitar riffs reminiscent of John Lee
Hooker, and Larkin's self narrative, comical, blues-style vocals. Larkin
thrusts himself into a genre not yet discovered by his electronic
contemporaries from Detroit, or quite arguably anyone for that matter, by
mixing blues, funk, jazz, house, and a pinch of techno.

 Funk Faker: Music Saves My Soul 's aim is not to be dissected, and
analyzed, it's purpose is to be felt. Larkin's unique interpretation of the
many black genres of music, that inspired him as a child, leaves the
listener with only one option...tap your feet, and move your ass. Witness
why African American music, in any form, continues to influence almost every
genre of music today.

Dark Comedy- Funk Faker: Music Saves My Soul will be released on Poussez in
November.