> Oh come on... You mean nobody played "Voodoo Ray" around where you were?
Or
> "Pacific State"? Or "Flow Coma"?
>
> You could argue that these came only at the very end of the 80's, but then
> "Blue Monday" was canned to death by Techno and House DJs alike as early
as
> the whole scene started.

Ok, obviously yes I heard them. I was referring to the band orientated music
from Manchester (Mondays, Roses etc..) that seemed to have very strong ties
to the scene up there. From a personal London/South Coast perspective this
music/vibe never really reached me and seemed more a part of the 'indie'
scene than the parties I was going to. As I said, I just dont remember
hearing it played down here. I guess the point of me even bringing this up
is out of curiosity because I know this music played an important part in
the scene in and around Manchester and was just wondering just how much of a
regional thing it was, because I never hooked onto it.

Stewart