I have to agree with you Brendan- the is no way in the world that European DJ's have a monopoly on being bad-attitude, money grabbers- I know enough club promoters to have heard 1000 different storied about supposedly "underground" US DJ's acting like prima donna twats. That doesn't EVER make we want to set up a "no US DJ's here please" barrier around our club scene- treat the twats like twats and give respect to those who have respect for you and what you do..

cheers

Jason

No offence meant to anyone, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in the last few months (at least). Is this a prank? What does an
"EU boycott" achieve other than a totally needless attack on the global
nature of the techno scene? I'm surprised to see this sort of aggressively
isolationist mentality creeping into this field of electronic music.

Besides, it's not even a consistent decision: "this collective of artists will remain tied to the American scene and American DJs", it says, but when you look at the E.A.R. roster, it's not exactly composed of rootin' tootin'
pure-as-apple-pie Americans by any means.

Anyway, maybe I'm over-reacting a bit. Are we going to see a "patriotic
techno tour" of the Bible Belt states in the near future? Bootlegs of
"French Kiss" coming out, renamed "Freedom Kiss"? It's all a bit strange,
and depressing in a way.

Brendan