In a recent thread people were talking about a Carl Craig thing 'Feel The
Fire', saying (if I recall correctly) something like it would amaze today's
house producers as it could still blow away anything out there.
Being a C2 man (though not faithfully, some of his remixes don't do it for
me eg. recently Busted Trees and Bandy Bandy, maybe that's the problem here)
and not knowing this track I looked it up but was unsure which version was
the one people were talking of; the 'Party' mix on Outland, the 'Urban
Culture', 'Salsoul' or 'Original' (is this the same as the Outland one?) on
the KMS 12" or something off the Planet E 2 x 12"?
I bought the KMS (because I saw one not too expensive) but have to say I
wasn't impressed (please don't flame me too hard!) - OKish tune but I don't
think it would live up to being a revelation to contemporary producers.  Do
I need to get one of the other records?  Or am I just using my skull to
store old rags in?