To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

"it seems to be music that you are supposed to grow out of. most of my
friends used to go to clubs, but would now rather eat their own flesh than
listen to techno"

So True...

Most of my friends are into Nu Soul, Rap and Rnb (callitwatchchoowill) and
cant bear to listen anything with a 4-4 beat. They cant hear beyond the
rhythm of the kick. They need to step out 'beyond the dance'. But play them
Missy Eliots 'For my Peeps' and they can dig it.

As you say a lot of techno is made for clubs and dancing, people of a
certain age move away from clubs. Theres families to look after. Plus I
don't think I could do a 4/4 workout for more than 4 mins : ).

Im listening to way more techno (not necessarily the dance orientated stuff,
more the armchair stuff) than I did when I was younger. I like the
abstraction, making my own mind up about what the music is communicating. I
mean how many times cant you hear a song containing the lines "Laaadeeyy, I
love yewwwwowwww, plueeeeeese don't leeeeeve meeeee' sung in that warbling
oversinging style that seems to be so popular.

Don't get me wrong I'm still partial to soul and rap, but it really needs to
try harder.

Good Hard Tryers - Aaliyah (rip)/Anti Pop Consortium/MadVillian/Badu/Prefuse
73/Cody Chestnutt/Spacek/

I was listening to the As One and Stastis compilations and thinking jeez
these still represent a modern and futuristic sound.

Send me you non ageing techno suggestions please. I'd love to hear what the
oldies are digging...

Cheers,

Rav.