From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 4:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: '313'
Subject: Re: (313) Other records floating my boogie board - 20 second
reviews

Thank you Sir for your kind words and support. Remind me to buy you one
next time I see you..:)

Peace,
Alex

"Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/13/2004 06:17 PM
Please respond to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"'313'" <313@hyperreal.org>
cc

Subject
(313) Other records floating my boogie board - 20 second reviews

My investments in electronic music's future, trying not to repeat those
already discussed aplenty:

Blake Baxter : Poetry And Rhythm - Session Two (Nice covers of Depeche
Mode's Enjoy the Silence)

Etiop: Sub + Sub (Recognition Poland) 12": (Newcomer on Jacek
Sienkiewicz'
Recognition label. 'Mysticism' has a kinda-acidic bassline, merged with
detuned pads and slightly-clicky beats)

Solo Action: Opulence (Solo Action Germany) (*PROPER* techno. All three
tracks killer)

Analog Fingerprints : Age of Hypocrisy (New Marco Passirani on
Submerge-affiliated label, churning out classic Detroit and full-on rave
sounds. All four track = detonation)

Kirk Degiorgio : EP3 - (Four tracks of kinda-slow Detroitiotechno)

Duplex 100 : Extrapoliert (MJ goes UR)

Horror Inc. : I Plead Guilty (Akufen goes deep dark piano)

Karizma : Strings Emotional EP (Interesting 'deep burnt'-style strings
with
a kinda UR synth taking over the second half. A bit tracky, but good)

Sebo K : Changes EP (Drum 'n bass producer doing acid and old school
Chicago
stuffs)

Ultradyne : The Privilege Of Sacrifice (Sinister stuff Alex! I totally
scared a hungover friend with it Sunday morning. Some of the synths
remind
me a bit of Skinny Puppy, which is a big compliment in my book)

DJ Rels : Theme For A Broken Soul (Madlib and Peanut Butter Wolf go
broken
beat, and end up sounding something like Theo Parrish were he to do the
same. A few gems on here, solid throughout)

Umod : Enter The Umod (Differently broken beats from Domu. 'For Funk's
Sake'
and 'What Melody' are sick, particularly the latter, which has as much
attention to detail as any track I've hear. Domu's stil on a roll. The
12"
of 'Tromboline' is also worth getting for the flip)

Various Artists : Del Alma Sampler Vol.1 (New on Amalgama, featuring a
tasty
Titonton stuff that may be atyically broken enough to not scare away
those
who don't usually feel broken beat stuff)

808 State : Prebuild (Ancient rarities unearthed on Rephlex.
Particularly
enjoying 'The Ride', 'Sex Mechanic' and 'Automatic')

Population One : Earth 2976 (Old Terrence Dixon reissue on Metroplex.
All
three tracks nice. Crappy recording or pressing but still playable)

Mike L & Lanoiraude : Mystic River EP (Sounds like a Charles Webster
Remix.
It is a Charles Webster remix!)

Bjork : Medulla (Mostly acapella album featuring Icelandic choruses and
Razell, formerly of The Roots. A must for fans)

Ame : Mifune / Shiro (Two excellent new tracks on Sonar Kollektiv, the
first
reminding me a bit of Attend 1 without being unoriginal)

Ethnic Heritage Ensemble : Running In The Streets (Another Charles
Webster
Remix. A slow builder. Really tasty if that's your thing)

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]