It is.
If it were a purely health issue, fine, but it's taken on moralistic - and
often sexist and classist - overtones which rile me no end.
I think in Detroit people drive cars too much, they are too 'scared' to walk
even short distances.
The Dutch posse at the festival walked from Transmat to their hotels
downtown and back every day - perhaps ill advisedly, I don't know - and
didn't think a thing of it as that's the European lifestyle. Plus poverty
means people eat more junk food than fresh veg and fruit which is costly.