From: John Coleman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 8:22 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) DJ Rap's stuff stolen???

Off-topic, but another good lesson for all the musicians out there:
BACK UP YOUR STUFF!

Not the first time I've heard of someone's stuff getting stolen and
with it went the only copy of their new record/song/etc. It baffles me
that musicians take their precious creations and treat them with so
little care. Beyond theft, there's hard drive crashes, fires, or any
other of a myriad of disasters which could befall your data.

The little bit of time it takes to do something as simple as burning a
few CD-R's and putting them somewhere off-site is a lot better than
losing four years of work.

Heh, which reminds me... I need to make some backups. I've got two
copies of nearly everything at home, but I'm a bit lax on the off-site
backups.